Finish It Up Friday

Today I wanted to show you the quilts I made for my sweet little Lincoln. I made this first one long before he was born in anticipation that Liam would have a little brother or sister at some point. This one was made from shirts worn by his daddy, papa, and great grandpa.

IMG_0947
And here is the quilt I made last week to match the king sized quilt I made for his momma and daddy.

I used a very soft minky type of fabric on the back. I didn’t have any trouble at all long arming this but my Bernina does not like this fabric at all! I ended up finishing the binding on my vintage Singer 301.

Here is little tiny guy with big brother and Papa.

Big brother thoroughly inspected the quilt and decided it should belong to him!

Guess I know what I will be working on as soon as I get home! Our time here is flying by all too fast. Loving spending time with my kids and babies. Thank you for all the lovely bcomments this week. Remember that my giveaway is open until next Tuesday. See last Tuesday’s post for details.

Linking up wit Crazy Mom Quilts, Richard and Tanya Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Finishes. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Finish It Up Friday

1. Yep I think you had better get busy ( again)

2. Cathy says:

I love the quilts! I can see why big brother wanted to keep that quilt.

3. quiltingitout says:

Such sweet pictures of big brother inspecting the quilt! Both quilts are very nice good job.

4. Louise says:

I kind of think your husband is really enjoying his time there with the little ones.
    Love big brother’s curly hair!

5. I have a little Lincoln, too!!!!!! Those half rectangle triangles are absolutely gorgeous. I haven’t made anything from shirts yet, but I really want to. I think they make such special quilts.

6. Carie says:

Oh it looks lovely, and how sweet to have so many memories tucked up in it through their shirts!

7. Beautiful quilts, and isn’t it good to know you have a ready and waiting home for a new one! We do appreciate our work being appreciated, don’t we?

8. elainesuller says:

Beautiful! What a wonderful idea to use the shirts

9. Kathy says:

I think Big Brother has come to realize that quilts are fabulous things and that one can never have too many. Nice to have some convenient “excuses” to make quilts, isn’t it? I always refer to my daughter and her family as my excuses to make quilts. ha!

10. Terri says:

Did you say that minky quilt was for Liam? lol looks like he loves it! I love how he is inspecting it πŸ™‚