Finish It Up Friday

My little leader/ender quilt is done! This matches my finish from last week that you can see here. I ended up quilting it on my Bernina 1030 since I had the sister quilt on the frame. Here it is before washing:FullSizeRender (1)

And the backing:

FullSizeRender

And here it is after washing:

FullSizeRender (5)

FullSizeRender (4)

I am not real happy with the quilting. I should have waited and done it on the long arm. You can see in this next picture how even the waking foot pushed the top along.  Quilting in opposite directions with each line, emphasized that creating some really wavy looking seams that were not like that in the pieced top!

FullSizeRender (3)

I could have prevented this by quilting all my vertical lines in one direction. I am just too impatient sometimes! Oh well. Sometimes it takes me a long time to learn lessons! Here is where I am using this little quilt.FullSizeRender (2)

It’s doing its job, wonky seams and all.

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts, Richard and Tanya Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Quilt Matters, and Sew Can She

This entry was posted in Civil War Repro Quilts, Doll Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Finish It Up Friday

1. Emily says:

Aw I think the quilting looks fine, we’re our own worse critics 🙂 it’s a lovely antiquey looking quilt, lovely colours and it looks lovely and crinkly 🙂

2. Gina says:

I tend to use my free motion foot when quilting, even for the straight lines. I find the fabric doesn’t tend to bunch up and be pushed along like with my other feet.

3. Cécile says:

Don’t worry Katy !! Your quilting looks so fine et I love your quilt after washing !!
    This is a great work !

4. I think it looks great. I don’t see any issues. Great finish!!

5. Kathy says:

It’s a fabulous quilt … I love it, even if a few seams got a little wonky.

6. RuthB says:

I do like the washed crinkly look. Great use for a mini quilt

7. I am sorry to hear you are disappointed in the quilting! I like to reduce the pressure on my walking foot when I am straight line quilting to help reduce the pull. I think it is a sweet finish. 🙂

8. Cara says:

It’s lovely, stop beating yourself up! Truly, a beautiful little quilt and it’s adorable under that vintage machine.

9. Mari says:

It’s lovely! I don’t see any wonkiness in the quilting. It looks vintage, which is appropriate for where it’s used. It’s perfect in its own way!

10. Roben says:

It really is perfect under the Singer. I think it’s a great finish!

11. Great job and it complements your Singer beautifully! With the washing, you can’t see the slight wonk.

12. Carie says:

I think it looks wonderful – and just a little bit like a slab of white chocolate peeking out of the wrapper – yum!

13. What a great idea, Gina!

14. What a lovely design and wonderful color choices! This turned out great! It takes an experienced quilter to point out areas where we would like things better, but sharing this is where we all learn new tips to help us all. So thank you so much for doing so!

15. Zenia Rene says:

What a great little finish. I like the simple quilting and the extra crinkleness after washing!

16. Katy, I love the texture going in opposite directions! It works because the quilting is so tightly spaced.
    Love, Muv