I finally decided on a design for my sister’so quilt. As I was messing around on EQ, I remembered an old book that I had from Quilt in a Day.
And one set sewn.
When I came home on lunch, I got these sets subcut and one block laid out.
The book pattern calls for over cutting the background strips and then trimming the blocks to size. I cut the strips to the exact size to begin with. I understand why they do this and that they want beginners to be successful, but I find this unnecessary for myself.
This won’t be a quilt in a day because I don’t have a full day to devote to it right now.
I used this pattern to make this quilt for my nephew and his wife when they got married 15 years ago.
That is a picture of a picture and the quality is bad. But it is the only picture of this quilt that I have. And it only shows half of the quilt! It was huge. I quilted it on my 1955 Singer Model 201. It is made from all Repro 30’s prints.
In digging through old pictures looking for this, I realized I made an Irish Chain quilt for this same sister 16 years ago.