A Quilt for My Sister

I am planning to make a quilt for my older sister this summer. I want to make something using these 2 1/2 inch strips. They are all from various Denyse Schmidt collections.

I have 64 strips cut from 64 different prints.  I’ve been playing around on  EQ7 trying to come up with a plan.

Obviously, my version of either will be scrappy. I need to commit and start sewing!

Linking up with Free Motion By The River and Quilt Story.

7 Responses to A Quilt for My Sister

1. Gina says:

Whichever version you choose will look great in those fabrics.

2. I do like Irish chain type quilt blocks. All those background spaces would give an ideal opportunity for you to feature some of your lovely quilting stitches. 🙂

3. Cécile says:

…….and I’m sure your sister will be happy to receive it !

4. Sandi S says:

I look forward to watching it come together. I love the fabrics. Have a good day. Hugs,

5. Mari says:

Lucky sister! Sure to be lovely!

6. Bonnie in Va says:

These designs look great. I was thinking of doing something similar but to feature a bird embroidery where the white it… looking at these makes me realize I need to really plan out the quilt before I jump in and drown! I like both of these designs….

7. JanineMarie says:

What a great variety of prints! I’m looking forward to seeing what you end up doing. I bet your sister will be thrilled.