It’s a Beautiful Day!

And here is a lovely little quilt to share with you.

The squares in this measure half of an inch! I purchased this beautiful vintage block, added borders, quilted, and bound it. This unknown quilter’s effort deserved to be finished! This is an old project but I recently pulled it out to use in my guest room and decided to share it here.

Have a glorious weekend!

11 Responses to It’s a Beautiful Day!

1. Quiltmouse says:

Yes, her work deserved finishing and appreciating! Thanks for sharing.

2. Shannon says:

You did a great job finishing the quilt. Looks like it the border was meant to be with the block!

3. Sandi S says:

This quilt is gorgeous! I’m so glad you finished it. The yellow just makes it glow, I love it. Hugs,

4. Judy D in WA says:

What a fabulous little quilt! You did a fantastic job with the quilt. Like you always do. I had to biggie size it to see what you did in the borders. Wow Katy, just Wow!

5. Cécile says:

You finished it very well ! The yellow is perfect !
    Bravo Katy and thank you for sharing !

Oh, Katy! What a beautiful job you’ve done. The yellow and blue are just fabulous! The original quilter would be so very pleased.

7. Another lovely finish! It’s very special the way you find, finish and bring to life these old quilt tops. 🙂

8. what a find! great job finishing it. it is beautiful!

9. Paula says:

Thank you for sharing your lovely vintage finishes. I inherited a vintage Dresden Plate flimsy that was apparently used as a summer cover. The quilt top was sewn by machine, including the applique, but the seam allowances are all stitched with overcast hand-stitching to prevent raveling. I really want to quilt it, but was told by a professional long-arm quilter that I shouldn’t. I’ve debated over the years, but decided it will become a quilt. Someday. I recently read an article (I don’t remember where) by a person (I believe it was a male) who was adamant that old tops should NEVER be finished. He felt the maker’s work should be studied and shown off, and that finishing it would rob people of that opportunity and ruin the item. I strongly disagree. While the construction technique might be interesting, the finished quilt, when well-done, can be an even bigger compliment to the original artist. Thank you for honoring the makers of your vintage finds.

I enjoy reading your blog, and appreciate the time this takes away from your creativity in order to share your work with others. Please know you are appreciated.

10. Gina says:

What a great mini. You’ve done the maker proud

11. Kathy says:

Half inch squares? Wow! What a fabulous job you did finishing what that unknown quilter started.