Finish It Up Friday

I started this Log Cabin quilt over two years ago and I am SO happy to say it is finally done!

The blocks finish at 4 inches. I think I drafted the block in EQ but I don’t really remember anymore. The quilt finished at 42 inches square. And it really is square but the wind made it look like it wasn’t in these pics.

And the back.

I used Warm and White batting, Glide thread, and Superior Mono-Poly. I used a template for the circles in the red border. It has 72,224 quilting stitches in the top and has 848 pieces. I did a lot of ripping on this one. It is one of the few quilts that I didn’t love working on. But now it’s done and I like it. It will soon hang in my hall.
Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Crazy Mom Quilts, Richard and Tanya Quilts, A Quilting Reader’s Garden, Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework

This entry was posted in Civil War Repro Quilts, Finishes. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Finish It Up Friday

1. Donna says:

WOW! This is a beauty. I love everything about this one, especially the quilting. Now I will have to put a log cabin on my bucket list, although maybe not such a tiny block.

2. This quilt is definitely a keeper!! I love log cabin, always will, and your layout is great. The border is perfect for it too. Makes me want to go start another log cabin.

3. Lynn says:

Just beautiful, squares, borders and especially quilting. Inspires me to get on with mine that has also been a couple of years in the making I think!

Oh, Katy! It’s *FAB*ulous!! I love everything about it – the colors, the lay out and the quilting. Excellent job!

5. Louise says:

What a great finish! One of the reasons I have always loved log cabin quilts. So many variations are possible. Good job.

6. Sandi S says:

Oh my goodness it is gorgeous! I love all the close up pics of the quilting, beautiful. Hugs,

7. Such tiny pieces in this one! I like the layout you chose – very pretty!

8. Patti P says:

I agree with all the comments. It’s beautiful. I love your color sense. That will look great hanging in your hall.

9. Cécile says:

Katy, your quilt is gorgeous !! You can be proud for your work !
    Bravo !

10. Cathy says:

Absolutely gorgeous! I cannot believe how small the blocks are. Great work!

11. Caryl W says:

Sooooo beautiful!!

12. Heide D says:

Very pretty, Love your colors!

13. Gina says:

It looks great. I love Log Cabin quilts and haven’t done one for a while. I’ve an urge now so will have to start hoarding my strips

14. Terri Ann says:

The quilting is PERFECT on this quilt Katy! I love the combination of the crosshatch with the circles and feathers. Wonderful finish.

15. Mari says:

Your quilt is gorgeous! I love the colors, and the quilting, and all of it! I think perhaps I may be getting inspired. . .:)

16. Jenny Benton says:

Its lovely, and such nice quilting. Log Cabin quilts are a real favourite of mine, I’m slowly piecing a “Great Big One” of my own.
    Jenny from New Zealand

17. dezertsuz says:

I love your quilt! The quilting is just perfect. Thanks for sharing this picture. It inspires me.

18. JanineMarie says:

I’m glad you like it now because I sure do! Your pictures show the quilting so well.

19. Janet O. says:

Wonderful finish. Love the scrappiness of it, and the quilting is perfect!

20. Kathy says:

Fantastic! I love this quilt. And the quilting is spectacular.

21. Oh it is gorgeous! I love the colors and the detailed quilting 🙂

22. Beautiful quilt and work.

23. Jasmine says:

This turned out beautifully! I really like the layout. And your quilting completes it.

24. Kathy Hoback says:

What a beautiful, beautiful quilt!!! WOW!

25. Great finish. You should be proud. It’s so nice to finally have good weather to get outdoor photos.

26. What a beauty! I like everything about this one. Every single thing. Log cabins are not my favorite thing to sew, but I surely do like them.

27. Pingback: Best of 2015 | KatyQuilts