Border Choices

How can it be Saturday already? The days just fly by! I can’t believe we celebrate Little E’s first birthday tomorrow!
I finished piecing my little log cabin blocks together and I am trying to decide on a border now.

It seems this project has been a struggle from the get go. The blocks took forever. It took forever to decide on a layout and I am still not 100% happy with it. I’ve been trying to settle on the border all week and I am already stumped on the quilting!

I did a bit of rearranging in the sewing room yesterday. I had an eye exam in the morning and it took forever for the drops to wear off so I could see well enough to sew. Ugh. I am working this morning but Mr. Wonderful should be home from his business trip to Germany by the time I get home. Yippee!

Have a wonderful weekend!

9 Responses to Border Choices

1. Terri says:

Not that you asked for opinions but I like #3 makes the colors pop 🙂

2. I recently made a log cabin quilt. It does take forever to both cut and piece. They look so nice in the end though.

3. 1. 2. 3. and 5 all work for me and they all bring out something different in the block colors and values.

4. Cécile says:

I looked again your quilt on the oldest post and I saw lots of brows et greens…..I think the 3 and 5 will work !
    Have a nice weekend with your family !

5. knitnkwilt says:

#3 would be my first choice–I usually use the inner narrow border as an accent, not a neutral. The green has pattern but is not too busy. It calms all the action of the scrappy log cabin blocks.

6. Ursula says:

Have you considered no border at all? Unless it needs to be made bigger for some reason sometimes log cabin quilts look wonderful border less…Just a thought.

7. Susan says:

I loved #1 with it. Thought it needed a strong color that could stand up to the darks in the log cabin blocks. And it also has great character of its own. Even seems to form a double border all by itself because of the different patterns within one fabric.

8. Vivian says:

I don’t envy you this step — they all have their pros and cons. Any reason for no inner border option on 1 and 5? Ursula’s premise is interesting, is the border and necessity for size options? Just means it needs to simmer a bit more for the choice to reveal itself!

9. Jannette says:

I also like #1 and #3 – the lighter choices for the inner border just don’t seem “strong” enough.