16 Patches

Remember this?

A while back I trimmed these and cut some strips to go along with them.

I have done very little sewing this week. When I am sick and don’t sew, hubby thinks I need to go to the doctor! I did start sewing these into 16 patches yesterday.

This is the kind of mindless sewing that is perfect for when you are not feeling at the top of your game. It was nice to have my strips cut and ready to go for these. I will end up with 80 8 inch blocks. I am trying to decide if I want to add sashing and borders to make this bed sized or make a couple generous baby girl quilts. I’ve given away the last baby quilt I had on hand and like to have a few in reserve.

Yesterday I was off from the library job, but I watched little man. I looked in the diaper bag and found this.

That layer cake would make some nice baby quilts too! Especially since little man recently made this announcement:

Have a wonderful day!

Linking up with Pink Doxies for Pet Projects.

This entry was posted in Life, Precuts. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to 16 Patches

1. Little Man is so darling! Congrats on the baby news. 🙂

2. Little man IS darling! Was the fabric in the baby bag a “gift” to be made into the next one’s quilt? What a cute way to make the announcement!

3. Kathy says:

Oh my! What a wonderful announcement made by that little sweetie! Congratulations! I can’t wait to see both those quilts finished – I’m sure they’ll be adorable!

4. Terri says:

Such a great way to tell you guys another little one is on the way 🙂 He is so, so darn cute!!!
    Sorry to hear that you’re sick, seems like you have been for a while, maybe hubby is right and you should go to the doctors.
    Love the beginning of your new quilts

5. Jeanne says:

How exciting! Congratulations! Love the Tigers pants, too. He’s so cute.

6. Marly says:

That is such beautiful fabric and your blocks are looking good. Good luck deciding how to assemble your quilt(s).

Your eyes must have popped out of your head when you saw your little man wearing that shirt! I can only imagine the squealing that was going on at that moment!! Your family is growing in leaps and bounds, Katy. I’m a bit jealous. (And I’m with your husband – if you don’t want to cut or sew for more than a day, you need to see a DOCTOR! haha)

8. Cécile says:

Ooooh congratulations Katy ! Little man is sooooo cute and I’m happy because we are going to see a new baby quilt !

9. redeemedsheep says:

Congratulations on a new baby coming!! FUN!

10. Louise says:

That little guy’s smile could brighten up anyone’s day. Congratulations all around! You have trained your daughters well, Katie. Feel better soon, don’t put off the Dr. visit too long….

That is such wonderful news! I’m so happy for all of you. I love the fabrics you have shown, looking forward to seeing the quilts! No rush though. 🙂 hope you are feeling much better. Hugs,

12. What a cute way to get the message across! I also have a quilt in process with the Amy Butler line here, and was just thinking today that it should get finished up soon. Can’t wait to see yours!

Thanks for linking up with Pink Doxies Pet Project Show today, Katy.

Julie @ Pink Doxies

13. Lara B. says:

Little Man is beyond adorable Katy. Congratulations to your family with that happy news!
    Very sweet 16 patch blocks!

14. Myra says:

How sweet! 16 patches are just a great block, and you’re right, we need the mindless sewing now and then, or maybe a lot!

15. What wonderful news!! I’m sure you’re dreaming up all the quilts that you can snuggle your new grandchild in. 🙂

16. So glad you are feeling well enough to sit at your sewing machine! And little man gave some lovely news in the cutest way ever!

17. Sue says:

Oh Katy, that’s wonderful news! How exciting for your family 🙂 Love the 16 patches too

18. What a sweet post, sweet gift for you and sweet news from Little Man! Hope you’re back on top of your game real soon.

19. Oh Yey! Congratulations a new grandson on the way – very exciting. Sorry you are still poorly. Your blocks look great. Rest.
    Pauline