BQF 2015 Small Quilt Category

If you are visiting my blog for the first time, welcome! I hope you will take a few minutes to look around. I love traditional quilts, modern quilts, art quilts, pretty much anything and everything quilt related.  For those of you that already follow my blog, you have seen this quilt before. I am reposting it here as my second entry into the Blogger’s Quilt Festival for spring 2015. It is my City Sampler done in all solids and I am entering it into the Small Quilts category.

Here are some detail shots. I had so much fun with the quilting on this one!            All the thread on this is Glide from Fil-Tec. I changed color for each section and used white on the background.
 Here is a shot of the back:

Check out the other quilts in the BQF SmallQuilts Category here. If you would like to vote for this quilt for Viewer’s Choice, you can do so here. Thanks for stopping by!

AmysCreativeSide.com
Also linking up with Prairie Sewn Studios for Crafty Comment Karma.

This entry was posted in BQF, Free Motion Quilting, Modern Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to BQF 2015 Small Quilt Category

1. Great quilt and quilting!

2. Kathy says:

I loved this quilt when you finished it, and I love it now. Good luck!

3. wendy says:

wow, what a stunner! I love your layout choice and the way you’ve done the blocks in all solids. The quilting is exquisite!

4. Anja says:

It’s amazing. Great job on the quilting.

5. Cécile says:

I’m laaaate !!! Dear Katy, good luck !
    Fingers crossed ! 😉

6. ~Deb says:

That’s a stunner, Miss Katy – and in my book, a real Winner! Think you’ve got a serious chance of taking the show 😉

Good Luck!
    ~Deb

7. Amazing! I love your design and the quilting is fantastic!

8. sdaurio says:

I love this quilt. You have such a color stash. I love the lay out. The quilting is just amazing. I just love your graffiti quilting it pushes this one of the top. Looks like an urban sky line.

9. Kat says:

Amazing quilting!!

10. Heather A says:

Such a delight to look at! I love it! Everything about it is interesting. Thanks for showing it.

11. Terri says:

I love this one, your quilting is just beautiful. I clicked on the link to go to viewers choice to vote and I don’t see any quilts to vote for just large white (empty) area 😦

12. Lara B. says:

Well I sure do love your City Sampler! This is a great entry Katy and I am so impressed with your color sense and your quilting! Hope you feel A-Okay soon!

13. Donna says:

Lovely! I guess you did have a whole lot of fun with that wonderful quilting. And I love the back–what a fun surprise!

14. What a great idea for a beautiful miniquilt! I love your design, wonderful fabrics and GREAT quilting 🙂
    Greetings from Poland
    Kamila

15. hayley says:

Your quilt is really lovely and that quilting!! Well done

16. remondbernadette says:

Magnifique, bravo!

17. What a great setting – and that quilting is to die for!

18. Sandra says:

I remember seeing this under construction. It is FABULOUS all done! Love all the quilting you did!

19. I think this is my favourite layout for these blocks that I’ve seen. Gorgeous job on the blocks, layout and the quilting!!! Congratulations on a fabulous quilt.

20. Cathy says:

This is gorgeous! You did a fantastic job on it.

21. Julie Taylor says:

So beautiful. The solids really make this special 🙂

22. I love this! It looks like sky scrappers!

23. Debbie says:

Beautiful! I made a City Sampler quilt too but ours are quite different. I love that yours is in solids, has a unique layout AND your quilting is just lovely!

24. What a pretty quilt, Katy! Not only are the colors attractive, but your quilting is spectacular! I love that free-form sort of FMQ. Bet you had a difficult time deciding which category to place it in as it would have suite ROYGBV and home machine quilted too. Lovely work!

25. France says:

I saw this quilt before but I appreciate the opportunity to look at your gorgeous quilting motifs again. 🙂

26. Wendy says:

Oh! I love the colour in this quilt. You’ve clearly worked very hard to get the shadings just right. The quilting is beautiful too. I love it.

27. I love solids, so of course I think this is simply gorgeous!!

28. Anita L says:

Gorgeous quilt! I am working on a city sampler too. I love yours in solids. 🙂

29. sdaurio says:

Love this one so much! You definitely got my vote!

30. Great quilting and a stunning quilt design. You get my vote! Great job!!!