TBT

I bought this old 1930’s quilt at a sale a couple summers ago. I just love it!

Here are some detail shots.

Don’t you love that edging?

Just a bit of eye candy to start your day.

This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. (‭Psalms‬ ‭118‬:‭24‬ NASB)

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation for NTT.

11 Responses to TBT

1. Deb says:

A gorgeous old quilt! Love it!

2. Thank you for the photos and the verse. 🙂

3. Cécile says:

Oh yes ! I love it too ….. what a gorgeous quilt…quilted by hand I suppose ?

4. Lois says:

It’s a wonderful quilt that appears to be hand quilted. Was it hand pieced too? I can’t imagine anyone giving something that precious away.

It’s just beautiful! I love all the colors. Have a wonderful day! My daughter is visiting me and we are having so much fun hanging out together. Hugs,

6. anudge says:

I say that verse every morning as I get out of bed. Love that quilt. Imagine whip stitching that edge. Oh, my, but great for slow stitching. Thanks for sharing, Katy

7. What a lovely vintage quilt. 🙂

8. JanineMarie says:

Beautiful! The 30’s green sets off the blocks in such a lovely way. With all the work, it looks like it was made with love–and the condition suggests that it was loved too much to use, maybe? How wonderful for you!

9. Pauline says:

This is a gorgeous quilt Katy thanks for sharing it – colours are so lovely.
    Pauline

10. Maryse says:

This is quite an amazing quilt, I like the way it’s been done and the colors are gorgeous too! Thanks for showing us!!

11. kellydyoung77 says:

What an awesome piece of work! This is such a treasure. You know, my husband has a great granny square quilt from his grandmother that is not in the greatest condition, and I have often thought of recreating it for him. This quilt makes me think of that one.

🙂 Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation