Work in Progress Wednesday

Are you tired of my city sampler yet?  I am making progress! I decided to skip the sashing. I don’t want this to get too big. I sewed the rows together and then flipped them on the design wall. This is how it will look with the white space at the top.

And at the bottom.

And this is what I plan to use for the backing.

Linking up with Freshly Pieced and So Fresh Quilts.

15 Responses to Work in Progress Wednesday

1. Judy says:

I just love how you laid this out! I cannot wait to see what you quilt on all of that negative space 🙂

2. This is going to look lovely finished.

3. Sandra says:

Is that a flying squirrel I see in the backing fabric! How unusual and cute! I really like your ‘skyscrapers’ and I like it with the negative space at the top.

4. Anja says:

I’m not tired of it!! And love the backing.

5. The backing fits well colour-wise and all the curves and movement are an interesting contrast to the angles of the city blocks. Not tired of it – enjoying watching it develop!

6. Lara B. says:

Who could possibly get tired of that Katy? It’s beautiful and I love the backing you chose too!

7. Jennifer @ Glinda Quilts says:

A very interesting quilt … love the backing too, can’t wait to see this one finished 🙂

8. Wow it just keeps getting better – I love what you are doing!

9. Gorgeous! I just bought the city sampler book and I’m trying to decide what sort of fabric I want to use. Yours looks great with the solids.

10. Linda Dutch says:

This is looking great… and I love your backing fabric choice! Looking forward to seeing how you quilt this! Linda

11. Terri says:

Love it!

12. Laura says:

Love this! A friend of mine gave me the book, but I haven’t done anything with it yet. Yours looks great!

13. JanineMarie says:

I like how this turned out to look like a city. And your backing fabric reminds me of a whimsical city park. What fun!

14. knitnkwilt says:

Love the backing fabric! I like the white at the top. But you could put hanging sleeves at both ends and alternate how you hang it (if you can’t decide).

15. I love your monochromatic blocks. The backing fabric complements the quilt top beautifully. What size are your blocks finishing?