Work in Progress Wednesday

Happy Wednesday! I have a couple works in progress this week. Remember the tiny tumbler project? I was going to take this to Arizona with me. But I started piecing on Monday and didn’t stop!

IMG_2061
I looked at several different border options.

IMG_2063
Finally decided on this one.

IMG_2070
I’m going to quilt this one on my Bernina because I loaded a little something else on the frame.

IMG_2068
This is a vintage top that Daughter #3 found for me at an estate sale last summer. This picture shows the pattern better.

IMG_2066
This is a big quilt, approximately 90 x 104. It is 1930s vintage, not particularly well pieced, and has some stains. But I love it! Not sure I can save that lovely pointed border but we shall see. I am quilting continuous curves in the diamonds but need to figure out what to do in the background.

IMG_2069
I won’t get this done before I go and that is a good thing. I can come home and have this project waiting for me to get right back to work. No thinking involved!

Linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday and Sew Fresh Quilts for Let’s Bee Sewcial.

This entry was posted in Civil War Repro Quilts, Doll Quilts, Machine quilting, Uncategorized, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Work in Progress Wednesday

1. Cathy says:

Oh my! That vintage quilt is lovely! I love finding things like that. And I think the border fabric you chose for your tumbler block quilt is perfect!

I love your tumbler quilt and the the border fabric is great. Your vintage quilt is beautiful. Have a good time on your trip! Hugs,

3. Jayne says:

What a great find with the vintage quilt! I love you tumbler quilt, always wanted to make one of those one day!

4. Ruth says:

Like your choice of border fabric on the tumblers! Great that you are finishing up that quilt top, it looks gorgeous and huge!

5. 2 gorgeous projects! I love how you are quilting that vintage beauty.

6. Lois says:

That’s a charming vintage top. Do you mean to say someone went through all that work and didn’t quilt it (or are you going to embellish what was already quilted)?

The tumblers certainly ARE tiny given the perspective of the mat they’re resting on. Very, very cute.

7. Linda Dutch says:

What a lovely vintage find! I could look at all those different fabrics for ages, am sure you’ll enjoy quilting this one! Linda

8. It must be amazing to work on a long arm. I am clueless on how you are getting the quilting just right in the diamonds like you are.

9. Terri says:

Some how I had a feeling that tiny tumbler would never last until you went on vacation, lol Love you choice for the background fabric too! Love the vintage top you have loaded on your long arm, can’t wait to see the finished quilt ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Terri Faust says:

That vintage quilt top is beautiful. It will look even better after you quilt it!

11. The vintage top is gorgeous. So glad to see that piece of history is being made into a quilt.

12. Kathy says:

Love the border fabric you chose for the tumbler quilt. And wow, that vintage quilt is going to look fabulous when you’re done with it. Great save.

13. Deb says:

Just love the 1930’s quilt!! I like the border that you choose for the tumbler, makes the colors come together nicely.