IKEA

I mentioned yesterday that we went to Ikea over the weekend. I love that store! We first learned of IKEA way back in the late 90’s when we were living in France. We were so excited when one opened up in Michigan! Here are some of the quilting related purchases I made this weekend.

IMG_2041
Above is a roll of newsprint that I will use to practice and plan quilting designs. Next are hooks to hang quilts for photography. I actually bought six of these.

IMG_2043
I found this towel bar set in the clearance section for $2. I will use it for hanging small quilts in the sewing room.

IMG_2042
This duvet cover set was on clearance for $10. It will provide backing for two Quilts of Valor.

IMG_2044

IMG_2045
This flat sheet is queen sized and I bought it in the clearance section for $8. It is queen sized. Being a polished cotton, the quilting will look great!

IMG_2046
This fabric is 100% cotton and it is 54″ wide. I bought 7 yards of white and three yards of red for $2.99 a yard.

IMG_2047
And lastly, I bought this light that plugs into a USB port.

IMG_2048
I have a USB port in the handle bars of my long arm. Anyone who quilts will tell you, there is no such thing as too much light!

Last summer, I bought all the components of my cutting table at Ikea, as well as my button rug. The cabinets under my long arm came from there as well. If I can’t have vintage, give me IKEA!

Linking up with Connie at Free Motion By the River for Linky Tuesday.

12 Responses to IKEA

1. Kathy says:

I can not wait for the Ikea in St. Louis to open … it took what seems like forever for them to decide to build in St. Louis and it’s taking what seems like forever for them to get it built.

I hear you on the lighting … my hubby says that I’ve got my sewing table lit up like a runway at the airport … and I could use *more* lighting!

2. Quiltmouse says:

Sounds like you found some Treasures! I love finding other purposes for items. I haven’t made an IKEA run since I bought my Clip-on light for my sewing table. Guessing when the snow melts will have to make a trip!

3. Cécile says:

You’ve done great purchases !! The hooks are a very good idea ! In France, we have lots of Ikea of course, and I love to go there too…. Scissors, fabrics, threads, plants, ….Mmmm !! Every time, I buy lots of things which are not on my list !! hi hi !!

4. Janet O. says:

I’ve never been to the Ikea that opened a few years ago about two hours away. I’ve driven past on my way to other places, but I can see that I need to make it a destination!

5. Lois says:

You “made out like a bandit” as we used to say back in my day. LOL! I don’t have an IKEA anywhere NEAR me but I believe there’s one out my son’s way. I should look into that.

6. That is amazing shopping – sadly IKEA is a long way from where I live or I would go and check out the fabric there.
    Pauline
    perry94022@hotmail.com

7. IKEA – Swedish for “shop til you drop!” LOL. As a person who (generally) hates shopping, I can spend entire days in IKEA. When I lived in Ontario, I often did. Unfortunately, now that I live on the East Coast, the closest IKEA is about 10 hours away…(sigh). I really miss it.

8. Therese Pender says:

Yep we love IKEA too. There is one coming here, they are in the process of building one here too!

9. My name is PENDERS with an S. Often wonder about Mary Gascogne -Penders…

10. Mr. Muddling and I were just talking today about making a trip to Ikea. There is one in Houston, though it is not near us. You got some great and useful bargains!

11. Anja says:

Great bargains. I wish we had Ikea.

12. Connie Campbell says:

What great buys! We are hoping to go to Ikea this weekend and I hope I can find the hanger clips!