Happy Valentine’s Day!

IMG_2032
I almost forgot to hang my Valentine quilt! Pardon the wrinkle. I made this a number of years ago. The pattern came from American Patchwork and Quilting. Shocking that I followed a pattern, right? Except that this was supposed to be applique, not red work, and I think I changed the setting as well. I can never leave anything alone!

Have a great day everyone!

8 Responses to Happy Valentine’s Day!

1. Carol Woosley says:

Yes! We should always add our own creativity to our projects.
    To avoid permanent creases, I roll my quilts on the long tubes from home decor fabric. given free by my local fabric and craft store. Another quilter I know recommends folding quilts on the bias, never the straight of ggrain.
    Happy Valentine’s!

2. Lois says:

It’s truly LOVELY, Katy! Happy Valentine’s Day.

3. Kay in MA says:

It’s beautiful! Happy Valentine’s Day to you!

4. Cécile says:

You’ve done an amazing quilt and I’m not shocking that you used a pattern to do it !! Should I ?
    Have a great Valentine’s day !

5. Very pretty redwork heart – lovely quilt. Happy Valentine’s Day to you too.
    Pauline
    perry94022 at hotmail dot com

6. Quiltmouse says:

I’ve never tried Red Work, but I do love how it comes out! This is lovely and it’s great that you made it your own my ‘tweaking’ the pattern.

7. Mary says:

I know of a quilter that stores her quilts on swimming pool noodles that you can buy at the dollar store. I think she also uses a fabric sleeve on the noodle so it doesn’t touch her quilt.

8. Really pretty, Katy! It is almost impossible to leave things alone, isn’t it? 🙂