Memory Chain

Several of you asked about the quilt Baby E was laying on in a picture I posted earlier this week. It was nice enough yesterday for a few pictures outside. Here is most of it on the neighbor’s fence.

IMG_8758.JPG
I really wish they would get a new fence that is flat along the top! Here are a few detail pictures.

IMG_8760.JPG

IMG_8759.JPG
I made this in 1999 and the binding is starting to show its 15 years of heavy use.

IMG_8761.JPG
This quilt lives on my bed most of the time in the spring and summer. I just washed it and will be putting it away for a while. The original block pattern is called Memory Chain but I simplified it slightly. The green and pink fabrics are vintage percales and the prints are repro 30s. I quilted it on my 1955 Singer Model 201. This is definitely in the top 5 of my favorite quilts I have ever made.

This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Machine quilting, Traditional Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Memory Chain

1. njquilter24 says:

its beautiful, I love this design, I just love 30’s fabric . a true treasure, its well loved !
    Kathie

2. barbvedder says:

what a lovely quilt – it looks worn in just right to me!

3. karenfae says:

used and loved – what better for a quilt

4. beautiful colors and pattern, Katy!

🙂 Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

5. Shannon says:

The rest of the quilt looks to be in great shape. If you were wanting to make the quilt last longer, you could replace the binding. It is actually pretty easy to do.

6. Judy says:

Beautiful quilt Katy! I can see why it is used and loved!

7. Steffi says:

What a beautiful quilt! I see a lot of “old friends” in the chains – many of the older Aunt Grace fabrics that I have in my stash, too. 🙂

8. What a beautiful quilt. You know, except for the binding wear it really looks quite modern, yet vintage at the same time. Timeless almost. By the way, I like the new picture of you, too!

9. Kathy says:

It’s a beautiful quilt … no wonder it’s one of your favorites!

10. Carla says:

A great example of why we should enjoy our quilts, they only get better!