Finish it up Friday

I finished my 5th shirting quilt. I took pictures before and after washing. I’m a bit of a nerd and find these things interesting to document. Here are the before pics:

IMG_0947.JPG

IMG_0955.JPG
And after:

IMG_0958.JPG

IMG_0959.JPG
Clearly I used white scraps that were NOT all the same! I can live with it. I find I am much more relaxed with my shirtings quilts than others. Maybe because it feels like free fabric. I was also glad to use up some miscellaneous white bits. Here is a peek at the back.

IMG_0957.JPG

Today, I hope to make some progress on some swap blocks for a local guild back exchange.

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday, Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop, Richard and Tanya Quilts for Link a Finish Friday, and Quilt Matters for TGIFF.

This entry was posted in Finishes, Free Motion Quilting. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Finish it up Friday

1. Kathy says:

I love this! Maybe my eyesight isn’t perfect, or maybe the whites don’t photograph accurately, but all the whites look the same to me.

2. Christine Hart says:

Using different whites adds a lot of interest to the background. I like it a lot!

3. Julia Graber says:

Your shirting quilt turned out wonderful. I’m still working with Father’s shirts. I need to get that ufo back in the works.

4. Carla says:

Love the way this turned out! But I am a sucker for quilts with a lot of negative space. I don’t think using a variety of whites is a problem, looks fantastic!

5. Christine says:

Wow beautiful and peaceful!

6. Ann in PA says:

I guess I’m a nerd, too! LOL I love to see those before and after photos. Your beautiful quilting shows up even more after washing. Love the soft colors and shirting whites.

7. Alycia says:

I just love it…. maybe one to add to my plaid phase list šŸ˜‰

8. Kathleen says:

Love how you chose to quilt this. Looks like a nice summertime quilt.

9. Nana says:

This is a beautiful quilt. Looks very simple and the quilting is outstanding and accents the quilt.

10. Vicki in MN says:

Another Awesome job!! I only wish I could convince my customers to like Modern more, LOL

11. Oooh, I love your quilt! Great design and I love the juxtaposition of the McTavishing in the negative space against the plaid in the shirtings. So beautiful! So glad you linked up to TGIFF!

12. This turned out great and the quilting is beautiful Katy!

13. Jasmine says:

I enjoyed the before and after photos, and I really like your machine quilting on the white.

14. Love it — especially the angular piecing next to the swirly quilting. Well done!

15. Lynette says:

Yep, I really love the effect of the swirls next to the angles. I also like the bi-colored white background. šŸ™‚

16. Wow – the quilting is just stunning! The swirls!!

17. I really like this! Your quilting is so professional. Are those blocks the go die? I have that one and have yet to use it. You’ve given me an idea.

18. Micki says:

fabulous quilting. I am working with recycled men’s shirts using squares and rectangles but I love the design of your quilt…very original. Great job.