Work in progress Wednesday

Good Morning! Yesterday was every bit as full as I expected it to be but I was able to get a surprising amount done around the house, at work, and in the sewing room. I chalk it all up to Gods grace!

I won’t bore you with my household/work accomplishments! I got this quilt top pieced by Mama Mim in the frame.

IMG_0924.JPG
And got it half quilted after work last night.

IMG_0932.JPG
It is difficult to see in the picture above but I am quilting freehand swirls with feathers. I am using Omni thread in Maple on the top and Premosoft from Glide in the bottom. I had to move up to a size 18 needle to avoid thread shred.

Remember the square in a square patterns I printed yesterday? While digging out scraps to make my blocks, I came across some patterns I printed years ago and decided to use those instead.

IMG_0930.JPG
How fun are these? I actually have 6 now. I’m not sure how I will set these yet.

Another full day is ahead of me so I better get ready for it. I am linking up with Lee for WIP Wednesday and Lorna for Let’s Bee Sewcial.

7 Responses to Work in progress Wednesday

1. Vera says:

Yay, those tiny tiny blocks look great!

2. Your swirly feathers are simply gorgeous! Mama Mim will be sew pleased! And…. WOW! Those little itty bitty blocks are so cute!

3. Kathy says:

Oh, those blocks are TINY! And so, so cute! This post is perfect timing as I’m looking for some miniature blocks to paper piece to make into Christmas ornaments for my grands. Do you have a source for mini blocks?

4. Mim Sweigart says:

Yes, this Mama Mim is sew pleased! I was wondering whether you received the package and you already have it quilted! How I love being loved and pampered! Thank you so much!!!!

5. Shannon says:

Your freehand swirls with feathers are looking good! I have been wanting to give that a try. I like seeing it a bit bigger.

6. Rachel says:

Wow those blocks are great, and so tiny!! Excellent job on your points. I can barely do that well when my triangles are almost twice as large as your whole block! 🙂

7. Lu Ann says:

Now you are just showing off. LOL!! Those tiny blocks are so cute. Did you draw your own paper piecing pattern for those? Always been interested in how one does that.
    Lu Ann