Finish It Up Friday

Back in August, I pulled fabric for a wall quilt for my dear MIL. She asked me to make something for her guest room. I hadn’t used my hand dyed fabrics in a while and knew they would be perfect for this project.

IMG_0775

But then they sat there…….for weeks. One day, inspiration hit out of the blue and I was on my way! I cut a bunch of 3 inch squares and began playing at the design wall.

IMG_0777

The sewing went quickly. These little clips helped me to stay organized.

IMG_0798

Then it was time for the quilting. I had fun quilting these free hand swirls!

IMG_0813.JPG
A bit of binding and she was done!

IMG_0870.JPG

IMG_0871.JPG
I had a terrible time getting the colors to look right in the photos. The colors in the first picture are most accurate.

Now time to pop it in the mail! Hope you like it, Mama Mim!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday, Richard and Tanya Quilts for Link a Finish Friday, and Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get A Whoop Whoop?

This entry was posted in Finishes, Hand Dyed Fabric, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Finish It Up Friday

1. Kathy says:

I love your MIL’s wall hanging! Gorgeous quilting.

I have terrible luck getting fabric colors to photograph accurately. I haven’t found the key to success no matter how hard I try. 😦

2. maartjequilt says:

I love the cilors, the design and the beautiful quilting. Congrats with the finish of this gorgeous quilt!!!
    Love from Amsterdam

3. njquilter24 says:

wow hand dyed fabric colors are beautiful, the quilting makes the quilt. great job.
    hope she loves it!
    Kathie

4. Shauna says:

beautiful, I love the swirl quilting it gives such movement to the quilt.

5. Lois says:

The colors and design are quite lovely, Katy! I especially like the quilting! I’m certain Mama Mim will LOVE it!

6. Kat says:

Lovely colors and lovely spiral quilting. So nice!

7. Very pretty! You have a great eye for design!

8. barbvedder says:

lovely great colors and wonderful quilting~

9. fabulous quilt – wonderful colours – love the simple design and placement of colours – beautiful
    Pauline