Finish It Up Friday

I finally have pics of my completed Quilt of Valor. Seems like I have had this one in process forever. So without further ado:

IMG_0821.JPG

IMG_0819.JPG

IMG_0822.JPG
By the way, while I was still struggling with how to quilt this, I sent a picture to Kathleen at Kathleen Quilts. She is a master machine quilter. She took my picture and created a quilting plan! It was way better than my plan but since I had already started quilting, it was too late to change my plan. I wish I had waited! Click here to see what she would have done with my quilt!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?, Richard and Tanya Quilts for Link a Finish Friday, and Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday.

This entry was posted in Finishes, Quilt of Valor. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Finish It Up Friday

1. njquilter24 says:

its beautiful, wow. I love red white and blue quilts.
    thanks for sharing and donating to such a wonderful cause
    Kathie

2. Donna says:

I love how your design turned out.

3. It’s gorgeous. The quilting is fabulous xx

4. Vicky says:

I LOVE how you quilted it!

5. Mari says:

Turned out great! Kathleen’s picture is interesting, but yours looks very cuddly. Sure to make a veteran very happy!

6. Lois says:

I was going to say the samething Mari said. Yours looks very cuddly and I’m sure the veteran that receives it will be very happy with it.

7. Katy, it is so pretty! I really like how you quilted it, and I like the red backing too. I wouldn’t have thought of that but it is extremely effective! Yay for you!!

8. Judy says:

It turned out beautifully!! I saw that Kathleen had done your quilt – it is a great design. So is yours! If you ever do this pattern again, you have your quilting plan all figured out! πŸ™‚

9. Diane says:

All terrific. Thanks for letting us see how Kathleen approaches a quilting design. it was really interesting to see how she worked. And you! You always do a great job!

10. Kathy says:

No offense to Kathleen, but truthfully I think your design is more appealing … at least to me. πŸ˜‰

11. Anja says:

I prefer your quilting design. Great job!