Finish it up Friday

I finished my little 4 patch quilt the other day. As you know, I had a terrible time deciding on a border fabric. As I was putting some fabrics away, I spied another choice altogether. This I could be happy with, not too light and not too dark.

IMG_8477.JPG
The backing fabric came from a FQ that my hubby surprised me with on one of his shopping trips.

IMG_8479.JPG
I am pleased with this quilting choice also. I actually used a rather bright green thread but it blended well with all the scraps. It gives texture without competing with the piecing.

IMG_8480.JPG
All in all, a happy little quilt!

IMG_8482.JPG
I think I should call it, Inspired by Inspired By Antique Quilts! Thanks, Kathie! Click here to get a little inspiration for yourself!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?, Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts for TGIFF,  and Richard and Tanya Quilts for Link a Finish Friday.

This entry was posted in Civil War Repro Quilts, Doll Quilts, Finishes, Miniature. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Finish it up Friday

1. Vickie Lewis says:

Very cute, just love civil war fabric in minis!

2. Zafira says:

Adorable mini quilt!! Really great color palette!

3. Sherry says:

Love the border fabric you decided on. Nice job!

4. An adorable mini…. Love the antique feel of it! And the quilting looks fabulous!

5. njquilter24 says:

great quilting choice and border choice. I love the texture it gives and using a green thread perfect , we all need to think outside the box and go for what works for us.
    I am working on that myself 🙂
    hard sometimes….
    thanks for sharing I love that you made it!
    Kathie

6. knitnkwilt says:

Turned out well! I especially like the way the border line appears and disappears, and the way the eye is drawn to the black and red diagonal. You created a lot of visual interest with a simple four-patch block.

I love the border! Hugs,

8. Lois says:

The border and binding are perfect for this little gem. Great job, Katy!

9. Nice little quilt – the border is a good choice !

10. Pattilou says:

Your little quilt is so perfect!

11. Judy says:

The border is perfect! Good eye.

12. Kathy says:

What a fabulous little quilt! I love it! Fantastic choice on the border … and great job on the binding … it adds a nice pop and a nice finishing edge. Love this!