Friday Finish!

Here are pictures of the unplanned batik quilt after washing. I was in a hurry to get this off in the mail so they aren’t the best.

20130726-055153.jpg

20130726-055210.jpg

20130726-055241.jpg

20130726-055253.jpg

20130726-055305.jpg
The last picture shows the truest color of the back. It is definitely purple, not blue!

I am linking up with Sarah over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for:

I am a wife, mom of four amazing adult kids, and a former librarian. I love making everything from traditional quilts to art quilts. I am thankful to God my Father and Creator for the gift of creativity!

10 Responses to Friday Finish!

1. It is really beautiful! =D

2. Sarah Craig says:

That is just beautiful, Katy! I love all the colors you used, and the “unplanned” aspect just makes it more interesting! PS love the backing fabric in your header – I’ve got a quilt with that same fabric as the back on the frame right now!

Whoop whoop!!

3. katyquilts says:

Wow! Thanks everyone for all the wonderful comments! I normally like to reply by e-mail to each comment but with a migraine this weekend, this seemed the most expedient way to respond. Thanks again, your comments made my day!

4. Jeanne says:

Lois took the words right out of my mouth! My DD and DGD both love purple! Great work, Katy.

5. donna keating says:

Here is a yee_ha from Texas.

6. Lois says:

My granddaughter would just LOVE it! She’s a “purple” girl.

7. Oh, Katy, it really turned out so pretty! That will be a very happy recipient. Great work!

8. Elaine M says:

Gorgeous quilt, love it.

9. PugMomQuilts says:

Your quilt is just lovely. I am very fond of jewel color batik!

10. barbvedder says:

great finish! Looks so great after washing – your outdoor setting looks lovely too!