I have a little finish today….but I’m not particularly proud of it. I loved this little top.
I loaded it up to quilt.
And I thought all was going well, until it wasn’t. The stop/start button on the front handles of Harry stopped working. It isn’t easy to start and stop a machine with the switch in the back when you are working at the front. Now I need to figure out how to get this fixed.
I knew this wasn’t destined to be a masterpiece, but I was a bit shocked when I took it off the frame and turned it over. 🤦🏻♀️ The stitches on the back were positively loathsome. Did I want to rip out all the quilting and start over?
No. No, I did not.
I trimmed the batting. I trimmed the backing an inch larger and brought it to the front for a self binding.
It didn’t merit the work of a full binding. Those freehand feathers are crappy too.
Want to see the back?
Forget it. Not gonna happen. Part of the problem is that I used incompatible thread in the top and bobbin. Did I mention I couldn’t find the cord for my bobbin winder? The batik backing didn’t help. When I started stitching, things looked good, so I never checked again. I know better.
Another humility quilt. At least my little black doxie isn’t complaining.
Have a great day!
I’m so glad you’re hanging it (at least for awhile). It looks perfect from the front.
It is still a pretty quilt!! I’m glad you are hanging it. My black doxie likes your little one! 🙂 Hugs,
The colors in that quilt top are gorgeous, Katy, so I’m glad you have it hanging and I hope it makes you smile (rather than grimace) each time you see it. A teachable quilt, but still a beauty!
My mother has a few of my humility quilts. She says they are good for me.
looks very nice from here….we are always our own worst critics…