After a wonderful , but busy weekend, I headed down to the sewing room late yesterday. I decided to tackle this bin of 1930-40s scraps.

I had an idea in mind for these. I grabbed these dies and started cutting.

These scraps were leftovers from someone’s Grandmother’s Flower Garden quilt and many pieces look like Swiss cheese.

So I spent a short forever pressing and cutting.

And then, it hit me. I was cutting pieces for the wrong quilt. I need 4” and 2” finished squares.


These could work, but throws the scale off completely. It is NOT what I wanted.

This totally took the wind from my sails.

I know, I can still use these and it is not time wasted, but it wasn’t what I wanted. For now, I’m putting this bin back in the closet.

Have a great day!


About katyquilts

I am a wife, mom of four amazing adult kids, and a former librarian. I love making everything from traditional quilts to art quilts. I am thankful to God my Father and Creator for the gift of creativity!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Ugh!

  1. Sandy Panagos says:

    I’m so glad to know I’m not the only one who does that kind of thing. More and more frequently these days!

  2. Joan (Optional) Herrick says:

    I was going to say the same thing. Here’s a thought, make 6″ 4-patches and 4″ 4-patches then put a border around the 4″ inchers to bring the up to size and then it’s play time on the design wall.

  3. I HATE it when that sort of thing happens.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s