This and That

I picked this pattern up recently. I think it is way beyond my skill level. But it is lovely! And the price was right.

It rained here recently. That is newsworthy in Arizona. This is the view from my sewing room. Today it’s supposed to be 97 degrees.

This meme describes my sleeping habits of late.

So this is what I downloaded to read when I can’t sleep. I still love these books! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve read them.

I’ve been waited and waiting to see one of my cacti bloom. Thursday night, the blooms on this one opened! It was SO worth the wait!

The blossoms only last 24 hours and are most beautiful at night. So I sat outside in the yard for a very long time. I was thrilled to see it still there in the morning! It was already showing signs of wilting though.

Before I go, check out this AccuQuilt sale.

This post contains affiliate links.

I am a wife, mom of four amazing adult kids, and a former librarian. I love making everything from traditional quilts to art quilts. I am thankful to God my Father and Creator for the gift of creativity!

7 Responses to This and That

1. quiltipatti says:

imho it was worth it to see this blossom. people who have never seen it would never believe the cacti are capable of such beauty. thanks for sharing. i haven’ seen it before either. those raging brains keeping us from sleep. it helps to know i’m in such good company. patti in florida

2. Mary says:

Oh- that pattern looks like fun! Of course you can do it. Use back basting.

3. Paula says:

We live in Tucson and are experiencing heat too soon as well, but the winters are worth it! I love my Easter Lily cactus and learned last year that I can bring the blossoms inside and enjoy them in a vase for a day or two.

4. Cynthia says:

That is a classic folky pattern, very prettty. Funny (not funny) about sleepless nights. Little House is such a classic – comforting.

5. Sue H says:

I hate when my brain kicks into overtime in the middle of the night! What beautiful flowers on your cactus. 97 degrees? Ugh! Time to think about heading north again, I think!

6. Oh yes, those 3 am sleep/brain things. Ugh. I think that quilt pattern is right up your alley! What beautiful flowers on your cactus – glad you were able to see it!

7. Sharon Browne says:

That message about sleepless nights! It was so funny I had to send it to my sister as well. Thanks.