I got a new AccuQuilt die in the mail! Of course, I had to play with it. 😁
I really like how they screen printed the letters on the die.
I can’t leave these kits behind when I see them for sale cheap. Even though I know they are not accurately cut. Enter this die!
I knew I could use this die to make little Lemoyne Stars.
You gotta love how these bits match up!
With this method, there are no set in pieces. However, you do have to make half your pieces in mirror image as shown below.
It didn’t take long at all to get this far.
This next photo shows how I pressed. I would pin next time, as you can see, I didn’t get my center intersection quite on.
I’m still quite happy with this first little star. It will finish at 5 1/4 inches. That’s a bit of an odd size, but quite perfect for me. I was able to trim down the diamonds with very little waste and use a die intended for a totally different block.
I’m not sure where this project is headed yet, but I’m thrilled to know I WILL be able to use these pieces.
Have a great day!
This post contains affiliate links.