Yet another sewing room post…

What can I say? This room is continually evolving. I really do think it’s done for the near future though.

I mentioned before that I didn’t like the mismatched, messy look. I found a matched set of wire basket units on a local sale site and snapped them up! I purchased some tops from IKEA. Now I’m happy with my fabric storage!

I turned around and sold the mismatched pieces and nearly covered the cost of this. I like that I have a work top to use when pulling fabrics.

I also found this piece at Goodwill.

It’s a classroom storage unit. I’m using it for my scraps. They are sorted into size and shape.

So here is a round the room tour. The fabric storage is behind the long arm.

I recently sold my old Bernina 1030, because I found this barely used 1090 for a bargain. It still had the original needle packet with it. And it fit perfectly in the cabinet I had the 1030 in.

I’ve felt a bit creatively stuck recently. I’ve had some deadlines that are now mostly met. I’m hoping some serious inspiration hits soon.

PS Accuquilt is running a great deal on dies right now.

Don’t forget to use the code, DIES40, at checkout!

This post contains affiliate links.

I am a wife, mom of four amazing adult kids, and a former librarian. I love making everything from traditional quilts to art quilts. I am thankful to God my Father and Creator for the gift of creativity!
This entry was posted in Sewing Room Pics, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Yet another sewing room post…

1. Zenia Rene says:

What a FANTASTIC creative space!

2. Sue H says:

Your sewing room is so inviting. The school cubby boxes unit was a wonderful find!

3. Lynda H says:

for those of us who have no dedicated sewing room I am looking at this with such green eyes! I have a smallish condo and cut and sew at my kitchen table. I have fabric stored everywhere and finished quilts tucked away in every room. I pity the people who will be tasked to clear this space out!

4. quiltipatti says:

what a lovely place to stitch. totally understand the loss of mojo. i’ve been tapering off some meds and finally realized i had totally lost my mojo. restarted those meds today. hopefully it won’t take too long. enjoy your space. patti in florida

5. WearYourMask says:

Aah, I have a 1090, bought it in 1992. Just had the motherboard replaced, $250, was worth it for me, solid machine. It’s a work horse. Great storage layout, tho I might forget what I’d where. Lol.

6. Marty says:

7. I’ll bet you smile each time you walk in that room – so much space to have so much fun. Enjoy it. I hope your mojo returns soon!

8. Kathy D. says:

You have a wonderful workspace, so I’m pretty sure something will inspire you soon.

9. Your room looks wonderful! I have been scrap sorting a lot lately. And need a few more bins to get them in order. Hopefully I’ll get them today. Inspiration is hiding in there somewhere…maybe choose a specific size or color? Or remake a past favorite in a different scale?