I purchased this quilt years ago at an estate sale for $4. It was quite thick, but appeared unused.
I decided to take it apart and hand quilt it.
Just look at those stitches!
I ended up removing the borders and making new ones out of the backing fabric because they were a bit of a hot mess as you can see.
It’s now basted and I hope to start hand quilting today.
Have a good one!
wow…I so love that you are a quilt rescuer…..xoxoxo
What a fun quilt. What a lot of dedicated work to get it to where it is now.
It’s hard to tell sizes from the photographs but it looks like maybe the seams on the back are narrower than 1/4″, which is something I’ve noticed on the few older quilts I’ve seen when seeing the back is possible. I also noticed the the quilter used the selvedge along the edge of at least one block.
It’s a very pretty little quilt! I love seeing you give these old quilts new life! Hugs,