This quilt has been on my bucket list for ages! I finally pieced the top last winter in Arizona.
I knew I wanted to quilt it with lots of feathers, but I was so afraid of ruining the top, that I procrastinated.
Last week I told myself, no more! I marked my top and got to work. I only marked the spines with a chalk pencil. All feathers were free handed.
My feathers are far from perfect, but I like the overall effect. I used thread to match the fabric because I knew I’d have back tracking and I wanted to minimize how noticeable that would be. What I didn’t realize is that the red thread would not behave as well as the green.
My corners sort of match! This finished at about 45 inches square.
I think now I want to put feathers on everything! I just haven’t done them in a while and I lost confidence in my ability to do them. I definitely need practice, but I’m okay with how it turned out.
I love this color combination. I might have to make a bed quilt like this some day.
Have a great day!