Remember this top from my bloggy friend, Ila? I started working on repairing it.
This was my first repair. I carefully removed that block with the tear.
Then I took a tuck in the back of the block.
It’s hard to even see the seam!
The seam allowances were so large that I had no problem stitching this smaller piece back into place.
Some of you suggested using some of those large seam allowances for patching. That worked out great!
I don’t think these will be noticeable at all once this is quilted.
Reason came to me and I decided that with those large seam allowances, that machine quilting would be best. I hope to get started with that today.
Before I go, I wanted to let you know about this amazing sale at Connecting Threads . Make sure you use the code, SEW4SUMMER to get the deal.
Have a great day!
This post contains affiliate links.
That looks *wonderful*! What a happy ending for that quilt!