It’s been so long since I quilted anything bigger than a mini on a domestic machine, that I’m now back to beginner status. Here are a few things I’ve learned.
1. The more quilting you add, the less you notice individual wobbles.
2. These gloves help. I wish I had remembered them sooner.
3. Wind bobbins before you start.
4. Always stop with the needle down to reposition your hands.
5. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, lock the wheels on your machine cabinet. Go ahead and laugh. Yes, I skated all over my floor until I realized I could do this.
All of the above things, I learned the hard way. Now you don’t have to.
Have a great day!
I did laugh, sorry, but I assure you that it was more in recognition of something that would happen to me too!
I think your quilting looks fabulous!
Thank you Katy!
All good tips! Take breaks and stretch!