Some quilts are just a struggle…..sigh…..
This should have been quick and easy. I finished the top and while I wasn’t head over heels with it, it wasn’t bad. I guess I forgot to take a photo.
Then I started quilting it. I decided to try it on my old Bernina 1030. I haven’t used this machine in a long time. Now I remember why.
It used to be my go to machine for straight quilting and binding. Then I used it on a quilt with minky and I t ended up getting knocked out of time and I had to take it in. A year later, I tried it again with minky. Ugh. Same thing. I took it in again. I didn’t try the machine out for a few months and by then, the place that had done the work was out of business. And guess what? It still skipped stitches.
I fiddled with it enough to get this quilted, but if I went too fast, my thread broke.
Over and over and over.
When I finally finished, my fingers were blue. What in the world? I washed my hands and made my binding out of the same stuff that I put on the back of the quilt. I had to use steam to get a good crease. My fingers turned more blue.
Then I remembered that I picked this up at my favorite place that sells flat folds. It was in with the cottons and it looked and felt like cotton. It said digitally printed on the edge. I decided this was getting a good dunk.
Yikes! It is still soaking. I did take a few photos before this so you can see what it was supposed to look like.
And the offending fabric on the back.
I guess this won’t be my swap quilt either.
Sigh. Momma said there’d be days like this…
Hold the presses! After soaking many times, for many hours, here is my finished quilt.
Not at all what I was going for. And here is a photo of the fabric before using, and how it looked in the back of the quilt after soaking and washing.
I hope your day is going well.