Well, this was a quick finish! I enjoyed making it and might make another at some point. And yes, I actually finished it back in Michigan. I did a lot of sewing there and scheduled some posts ahead of time.
I used my small Baptist Fan pattern boards to quilt this on the long arm. I wanted the fans to switch direction somewhere near the middle. It’s an unpredictable plan and a bit tricky to boot.
I love this binding fabric.
My photos are a bit out of order here. Anyway, I mentioned the trickiness of switching the pattern direction in the quilting. You can see I didn’t get things quite lined up here.
I’m okay with that, I’m not as okay with the front. Ugh. I quilted one line twice and it showed up dreadfully. This nearly ruined it for me.
But after washing and hanging, I decided I can live with it and learn my lessons moving forward.
Lastly, I would like to thank Lynn (click on her name to read her wonderful blog) for giving me permission to recreate her antique quilt.
Have a great day!