Finish It Up Friday ~ Hourglass

This was actually my first finish after I got back to Michigan, but I wanted to gift it before sharing.

I freehanded all the quilting, hiding little messages here and there.

It was a healing quilt for me to make. I pray it is for the recipient as well.

This entry was posted in Finishes 2020, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Hourglass

1. Zenia Rene says:

So Scrappilicious! One of my faves!

2. Darlynn Venne says:

Great quilt and wonderful gift. You are very kind Katy. While I am sincerely, truly happy for your second home in AZ, for a really really crazy reasoning I do not know or understand, I miss you in MI. Go and dx that in the mental health literature! HAAAAA!!! Blessings….darlynn

The quilting is wonderful, Katy. So glad you enjoyed doing it.

4. Sandra B says:

Love this quilt, Katy! I know I have probably said this before, in a comment, but I will say it again…I am constantly amazed at the wonderful quilts that come from using such simple shapes….
    Thanks for sharing!

5. Joni says:

What a great finish. I have some bits left of 4 memory quilts and now i know what I’m going to do!
    I love the sweet messages, I do that too.

6. Anja @ Anja Quilts says:

Great finish. The hourglass is a great block.

7. I am making an Hourglass Quilt, too. Right now I am a little worried that is will be ugly, at least we are in an ugly phase. I should finish the blocks this weekend and be able to lay it out and hope for improvement. A little worried that I got a little too random with the colors…

8. Anneke Simis- Hoogland says:

Creative quilting Katy; and the colours have a beautiful balance !

9. Jane says:

I LOVE your backing fabric! What is it?

10. I’m sure this is a very calming, comforting quilt, Katy. The colors are so soothing, and the hidden messages are so sweet. The backing fabric is spot on, too! What a lovely gift!

11. Very lovely finish on this quilt; i like all that fancy quilting…hugs, Julierose