Finish It Up Friday ~ Churn Dash

No, this isn’t it, but doesn’t my Gwennie Medallion fit our full size guest bed perfectly?

I put my church dash top on the bed and this is why I had to rip. It was too long and narrow.

After rearranging the rows, adding a few blocks and the borders, this is how it fits.

It is Willy approved!

It is a bit unusual for me to make a quilt this light, but I’m really loving it.

It will really come to life when it gets quilted!

My first “finish” since we arrived! Have a great day!

This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Finishes 2020, UFOs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Churn Dash

1. Diane says:

Both quilts are lovely….and then I saw the cement block fence and gravel ground and thought of growing up in Phoenix…We had the exact same…sigh…glad you have the best of both worlds xo

2. johannes123qqq says:

The churn dash block was one of the blocks i made in my first sampler in 1986.
    I like that block. Used it this year again with red civil war scraps.
    What i feel about this pretty quilt in your new second home has been sayd by Sandi ; I agree. !

3. LoriD@Humblequilts says:

Such a cute setting!
    I love your medallion on that bed! So fun to be sewing again!!

4. anudge says:

Beautiful!

5. rl2b2017 says:

Beautiful finish, Katy. And Willy looks so darn cute. ~smile~ Roseanne

6. Becky says:

I have a design wall… I have graph paper and pencils … but sometimes I can not get it right until I lay it out on the bed and eyeball it!

I love your churn dash quilt! I really like the strips in between with the squares of color. Your Gwenni quilt is beautiful! Hugs,

8. A pretty finish, Katy! And Gwennie looks great on your guest bed!