Sewing with Big L

My heart is full! Big L got to spend the night with us Friday night and Saturday we celebrated our daughter in love’s birthday here. These are the reasons I wanted to be here! Anyway, Big L and I worked on presents for the birthday girl Friday night.

He really enjoyed sewing! He picked out fabric from my strip bin and made this little bag.

You can see how proud he is! Then he decided he wanted to make a pillow for her.

He picked out the fabrics and sat on my lap to use the sewing machine. He wants to make a quilt for his aunt next! Here are the things he made.

ST is short for Stephanie. He put pretty rocks in the bag for her. I can’t wait until our next crafting session!

Also, thanks to everyone for the ID on my wire basket system. I’m excited to be able to find another that will match!

And I’m reading all the comments, but am ever so behind in responding. I hope to get back in the groove this week.

8 Responses to Sewing with Big L

1. Anja @ Anja Quilts says:

It looks like the two of you had a great time. Enjoy!

2. Meredith says:

So sweet!

Oh, he’s so cute and getting soooo big!! Tell him we think he did a great job on both of his sewing projects.
    Hugs

4. thenosebump says:

Fun!! As a side note, I have that exact sewing table!!

Big L is just adorable! I love his gifts. Hugs,

6. rl2b2017 says:

Love, love, LOVE this post!!! Oh, Katy! I am so happy for you. This is just the bestest thing e.v.e.r. {{Hugs}} And Big L is so handsome and quite talented as well. He’s a good student. ~smile~ Roseanne

7. What fun – BigL did nice work! Enjoy making memories!

8. johannes123qqq says:

L’Histoire se repeate…..I know the feeling working in this way with grandschildren. Graet!!!!!!
    And …he did agreat job also.
    Have a nice day, Anneke