Finish It Up Friday ~ GFG

My Grandmother’s Flower Garden is done! I bought the vintage flower blocks many years ago and began piecing them together. There was a period of at least ten years when they never saw the light of day.

But this year I decided it would get done. I started hand quilting this August 11th of this year and have just now finished.

I had a hard time talking myself into quilting it like this because I knew it would take forever. It sure felt like it!

But I’m so glad I went for it! I used unbleached muslin on the back.

The binding is from a feedsack that had been dyed yellow.

It’s too small for this bed, but I love layering quilts.

Ah! That texture!

Thanks for cheering me on during this journeyIm so pleased with this quilt! Have a great day!

This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Finishes 2020, Hand piecing, Hand quilting, Hexagons, UFOs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ GFG

1. Wow, do I admire you for that! This work of love is absolutely gorgeous. I don’t think I had would have the patience and stick-to-it needed to get it done. What are your plans for this beauty?

2. Sandra B says:

Awesome quilt!
    Thanks for sharing!!

3. Gorgeous! Good for you for saving another piece of our quilting heritage. I love this quilt!

4. Paula says:

This is wonderful!! I’m sure you’ll enjoy it for many years. Thanks for sharing the journey with us.

5. Sue says:

That is awesome Katy!

It’s just beautiful!! I love the back too, your quilting shows so well. Hugs,

7. I’m sure it felt like forever, but oh my – how lovely, Katy! What a treasure for you and your family. It looks so nice layered on the bed.

8. Aby Dolinger says:

Your GFG is truly lovely and a labor of love. I like to think that the original quilter who made the blocks is smiling down from heaven, happy that her vision is finally complete. Wink.

9. Kathy D. says:

Congratulations on a wonderful finish!