Finish It Up Friday ~ Jelly Roll Quilt

I feel like I should call this quilt, Make Do.

Notice any issues? I didn’t have enough of one white so I used two. They matched well inside, when I took the quilt outside, the difference was quite obvious. I am happy with the quilting.

I made do for the backing with some very old stash pieced together. But then I loaded the top wrong and ended up short. So that piece I was considering for binding became part of the backing.

Then I used the cut offs from the backing to make the binding since I couldn’t find anything else that worked. Part of it is blue and part is the stripe. I ran out of thread while applying it, so I grabbed the closest thing at hand to finish (it was navy).

I love the design, but this quilt sure fought me. It’s going to get folded up and do time in the closet for now. Have a great day!

This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Finishes 2020, Jelly Rolls, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Jelly Roll Quilt

1. A great finish… definitely worth the struggle!

2. I think once you pull it back out of storage, you will love it! It’s a make do quilt and terrific! I know what you mean about cool/warm whites. I’m working on something now and I sort of know the white is too white but, it’s what I have. Quilt will be used indoors, won’t matter, looks fine.

3. ~Deb says:

Aaaah – a TRUE ‘patchwork quilt’ w/nod to our fore-quilters…Love it!

4. Karen Arbaugh says:

Just proves quilts are beautiful even when uncooperative!

5. Paula says:

It’s comforting to know others have these kinds of issues too. Thanks for sharing your successes and challenges, as it helps all of your followers to know we aren’t the only ones who face challenges. I hope you grow to love this quilt after it is released from time out.

6. Sandy says:

I like the two whites. The variation catches your eye, and moves your focus around the quilt. I recently read somewhere this is an intentional strategy, called the color trick. Well, it works for your quilt, regardless of it being unintended. Nice job, Katy!

It’s beautiful! I love the color variation of the whites, I think it’s just great. Hugs,

8. It’s a pretty quilt, Katy, despite having a mind of its own!

9. I think this turned out beautiful!!! The shading difference is not going to be noticed when it’s being used & loved. And a scrappy binding just makes me smile!! ❤

10. Lois Stimax says:

You did just what our mothers and grandmothers did – used what they had. It turned out great!! Love the quilt.