Finish It Up Friday ~ Neutral Scrappy Trips

You all got a sneak peek at this when I shared my monthly goals, but here is my official finish post.

This quilt is a wedding gift and the wedding is today!

I used a black b ding and soft gray solid sheet for the backing.

The pantograph is called Calliope and the finished quilt size is 96 by 96.

I’m not going to lie, working on this got a big boring. But I absolutely love the end result! It is restful and modern. Time to get this wrapped up. Have a great day!

This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Finishes 2020, Modern Quilts, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Neutral Scrappy Trips

1. What a wonderful wedding gift! I would find the lack of colour a challenge to work on over time, but as you said, the finished effect is quite restful and modern looking… the newlyweds will love it!

2. WONDERFUL! It is a lovely gift sure to be loved.

3. Anja @ Anja Quilts says:

That’s a huge quilt, but it’s beautiful. The quilting is great.

What a fantastic finish! The couple is going to love it, Katy. Sometimes it takes an absolute deadline to get us in gear. Great job, Kiddo.

I love it! The colors are so soothing! Enjoy the wedding. Hugs,

6. Paula says:

I love this quilt! The neutral palette is great. I’ve come realize that my favorite quilts are those I’ve made with many variations of two or three colors. The quilting is lovely as well.

7. It’s beautiful Katy! My niece loves neutral palettes too but I find them a bit boring. This is going to make that wedding couple so happy ❤

8. johannes123qqq says:

you did it Katy! I know that sewing so many squares may become boring.
    Did you count them?
    Anyhow it is great to get a quilt like this one!
    Anneke

9. Vivian B. says:

I like this one too! Have always liked the “Scrappy Trips” design because of how the riotous mash-up of colors works (so great for scrap busting!). However, I like the more cool and subdued look of this one. Looking back through your posts on this, you often commented on the construction — what made it boring at times: the construction of the blocks themselves or was the color palette not energizing enough until it all came together? In any event, perseverance is definitely its own reward here!