Finish It Up Friday ~ 4 Patch 9 Patch

This is such a satisfying finish! All hand quilted and all done.

Here are a couple photos to remind you what this looked like when I purchased it as a tied quilt in early May.

The texture from hand quilting is amazing!

Thanks for following along. Have a great weekend!

This entry was posted in Finishes 2020, Hand quilting, Uncategorized, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ 4 Patch 9 Patch

1. That is just beautiful!

What a great job of hand quilting, Kate! Happy 4th of July to you and your entire family.

3. johannes123qqq says:

Really Katy, what a wonderfull metamorfose!
    The quilting by hand has been a succes!

4. Diane Muldoon says:

Wow..That is just lovely. Great job. I love it.

5. Just wonderful–yes, nothing like hand quilting to give that “special” textured look…
    nice work ~ ~~ Waving from afar ~ ~ ~ Julierose

You are just amazing!! That quilt looks so beautiful and I love the quilting. Happy 4th! Hugs,

7. Beautiful job!! I love it!

8. Kathy D. says:

How satisfying it must be to re-finish such a lovely quilt!

9. Marilym says:

How do you manage to do soooo much? Do you have 48 hours in your day?

10. I am about to embark on a significant quilt rescue. Your posts give me hope and inspiration. Thank you.

11. I’m sure the original maker of this quilt would be delighted to see your care and keeping of this quilt. If you ever get tired of it, feel free to just send it my way – wink. Happy 4th to you and yours, Katy!

12. Cherie in St Louis says:

It’s been fun watching the quilting progress on this fabulous quilt. It looks amazing! Congratulations on taking this quilt to a higher level!