Slow Stitching Sunday

I’m still hand quilting this vintage top. I have made progress, though it has been slow going.

You can see better on the back how much is done.

I’m probably 75% or more done.

I just love these huge fans! Have a great day!

HOLD THE PRESSES!

Just in, the quilting is finished and I hope to get the binding started today!

Wish me luck!

11 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday

1. How can you be done so fast?!?! Congrats… it’s fabulous!

2. Laura Haynes says:

Beautiful! I’ve not yet gotten a top to flimsy stage. Love Baptist Fans, esp these big ones. I’m trying to figure out where you started quilting this. When looking at the photo of the back, would it have been that lower right corner with the quarter circle fan? Then continuing up that long side? So, if flipped on the long side to the front, then it would be the bottom left block area?

3. Yvonne says:

Very pretty!

I was about to say the quilting is coming along nicely when then – just like THAT – it was done! You are one go-getter, Kate!! I’m looking forward to seeing this draped on fence or chair in the sunlight in all its glory!

5. Frédérique says:

Your quilt is coming very nicely, beautiful quilting!

6. grannyandpoppy says:

Wishing you luck and a beautiful day.

I love the fans!! Can’t wait to see the finished quilt. Have a great day.. Hugs,

8. Diane says:

Thought you might like to know Firefox blocked a fingerprinter on the page you sent out
    today. Diane

9. Cherie in St Louis says:

So beautiful with your large fans! Some of the vintage tops don’t lay flat the best but it shows that with quilting they can be fabulous and with the time. I love watching your progress 🙂

10. Nice quilting, as always! I do love the colors in that quilt!

11. barbvedder says:

OH MY your quilting on this beauty looks amazing!!