Finish It Up Thursday ~ Twofer!

Get your coffee, this is a long post! Ready? Ages ago, I bought this kit at a Tuesday Morning store.

If you know me, you know I was never going to make this quilt. But the fabrics were lovely, so I bought it anyway. After it had aged for a few years, it became this.

I called it, Gee’s Geese. It’s one of my favorites. When I was done, I threw all the scraps in an enamel pan and there they have been sitting for the past four years. The fabric is Pima cotton, a fabric with a very tight weave and I didn’t want to mix it up with my other scraps. So finally, I made this little HST quilt.

I still had a few scraps left and some binding, so I made this.

The tiny scraps left after that went into the bin.

I think I got my money’s worth out of that kit. Have a great day!

This entry was posted in Finishes 2020, Small Quilts, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Finish It Up Thursday ~ Twofer!

1. Melanie says:

You sure did, Katy. Love all of them! Congrats on making the most of one kit. I love geese but prefer green to blue….I may get a goose quilt made eventually….I have tons of greens!

2. Pat H says:

Beautiful, love everything you created 😊

3. TheGranChris says:

So funny I have been looking for those kits everywhere. My name is on every ISO out there. I got one and made it. Your quilt is wonderful. I had planned to make them for a bunch of HS graduates at church. I’m still looking for more kits.

4. Christi says:

5. Anja @ Anja Quilts says:

All great. But I love the first flying geese one. Well done.

Those are all amazing! I love them all. You got so much out of that kit and they are all so much better then the original idea. I love Gees Bend quilts and have been to a show of them and when they were speaking about their start. Hugs,

7. LoriD says:

You certainly did! 3 wonderful quilts!

8. johannes123qqq says:

You named you husband Mr. Wonderful !
    Of cours he married a Mrs. wONDERFULL !
    3 quilts, what a pleasure.
    Thanks foe showing it.

9. Lynn Jarzombeck says:

Morning Katy. Absolutely love your geese projects. I noticed you quilted them heavily, close lines. Did that add stiffness to the quilt? What thread did you use, specifically on your large quilt? Thanks. Stay safe, we need all your inspiration.

10. You find the coolest stuff on your shopping adventures! I definitely think you got your money’s worth out of that kit. Gee’s Geese is one of my favorites of your quilts, and now you have two more little quilts that are favorites of mine. What fun!

11. Val W says:

Looks like a three-fer! You put that kit to good use. Your Gee’s Geese is one of my favorites. I love to see it every time it pops up on your blog.

12. Heidi says:

Beautiful. What size did you make the geese? I have some blue fabric that would be so pretty made up like this.