Treasure!

I decided to check out Facebook Marketplace the other day and came across this ad. I contacted the seller right away, but it was already pending.

When the buyer was a no show, the seller asked if I was still interested. Ummmm….yeah! So Oscar and I took a little road trip an hour south and picked this up!

It is about 55 by 70 inches. The green stashing is fugitive, but the blocks are perfect, except for a couple small stains

I suspected from the ad photo ( there was only one), that it had been more recently tied. When I saw the back, I was certain. That green is much more recent.

The ties are easy enough to remove.

And the holes will disappear.

They used a thin flannel for batting and turned the sashing to the back for a self binding.

Of course, I opened it up! The hand stitching is impeccable!

I will finish taking this apart and it will go on the pile to be handquilted. The lady I bought it from was not a quilter, but she had a really cool barn!

This entry was posted in Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Treasure!

I’m so glad you rescued this quilt. Are you going to replaced the flannel batting?

2. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy! What a fabulous save. Someone is smiling down on you for saving all of their hard work. This will be a wonderful quilt to hand quilt and then cherish. {{Hugs}} What a wonderful post with great news. ~smile~ Roseanne

3. LoriD@Humblequilts says:

Awesome find!

4. Sandy says:

Excellent score, Katy! I love the combination of colors. Once properly quilted, it will be grand!

Great find!!! It will be so pretty hand quilted. Hugs,

6. You find the best quilts! Will be fun to see your quilting on this one. I think it will be a much happier quilt when you have it all jazzed up!

7. Nann says:

The quilt provided a great opportunity for a field trip. You rescue quilts and quilts rescue you!

8. Val W says:

A treasure indeed. Wouldn’t you just love to know the store behind this quilt?