Progress! I made and appliqued vines to my top. This is how I did it.
First I cut one inch strips at an angle. It isn’t a true 45 degree bias, but it works.
Then I folded the two edges in so they overlapped and sewed a basting stitch down the middle.
This is what it looked like.
Then I played around until I was happy with the placement and glue basted it in place with Elmers School glue.
I used this die to cut shapes for leaves from freezer paper.
I ironed these onto the back of my fabric and basted the edges to prepare my leaves for applique.
I tried to do a few leaves here and there while the little boys were here last week. I’m pleased with my progress!
Have a great day!