Finish It Up Friday ~ Four Patch

You probably guessed that this is what I was making!

I don’t know where I got this solid fabric, not the color or brand, but I wish I had bolts of it! All other fabrics are vintage.

This backing was a fine lawn from the stash from my great Aunt Celia. She would be 105 if she were still here.

I was inspired to make this from a quilt I saw on Pinterest. For a change, I was able to track down the original designer who had shared it on her blog. You can see it here.

I made mine bigger to accommodate the little bed at the top of the post.

This shows you what it looked like before washing.

Have a great weekend!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict , Alycia Quilts

This entry was posted in Doll Quilts, Finishes, Finishes 2020, Small Quilts, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Four Patch

1. Oh it’s sweet as can be, on that little bed, and the quilting is perfect for it! I love that green/teal color too!

2. Sharon Bennett says:

Gorgeous little quilt!!! And, I LOVE the quilting! Perfect!

3. Judy Blauer says:

It is absolutely adorable!

4. Shasta says:

That is really pretty. The fabric and the quilting really add to the vintage vibe.

5. SEW sweet, Katy!! You did a great job on the quilting.

6. So pretty! that backing fabric is amazing!!! i really like it!

7. Diane Muldoon says:

Love….that is for sure….ha ha on me, I had thought that that quilt was much bigger…Wish I had yards of that blue backing….lovely little quilt

8. Angie in SoCal says:

How pretty that turned out. Makes me wish I had a tiny bed to make one. Too many projects though to start another. Thanks for sharing.

I love it, Katy! I used to have that green in my stash long ago. I used it up when backing doll quilts for Santa, Inc.

10. LoriD says:

It is super darling! Love that green solid and the lovely backing!!

11. Pat in WNY says:

This is a perfect vintage mini, and I think some manufacturer would make a mint reproducing that solid fabric. Love it.

12. Diane says:

How big is the quilt? It’s gorgeous! i love the skip block color.

I just love it! It’s so pretty and looks like it’s been made a long time ago. I love that colosolid also. Hugs,

14. Wendy Reed says:

Fabulous mini! I’d love to link it up with my monthly mini post at the end of the month if that is o.k. with you. I love that solid too and it is a tough one to find!

15. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy! Oooh, love this. Look at all that quilty goodness right there. Some miniature person is going to enjoy sleeping in that bed and be nice and toasty warm doing so. ~smile~ Roseanne

16. Terry Royer says:

Love how this turned out. I’m with you; would love to have bolts of that color!

17. Krissy Butorac says:

Love this! Looks so vintage. Very fun…of course I knew it would be. You are great wit fabrics.