Finish It Up Friday ~ NOT

I fully expected to have an awesome finish to share today. Lori at Humble Quilts came out with the last clue for the Almost Amish quilt along and I got busy! I finished the top and loved it!

I loaded it up on the long arm and got quilting.

I only had about four lines to go, when my thread broke. That was when I realized that even though my stitches looked perfect on top, the back was a hot mess.

It isn’t easy to see and I couldn’t tell when I looked at it while it was on the frame. It was only when I ran my hand over it that I could feel it.

See those loops? Ugh. They are everywhere on the back. I took it off the frame and it will take days to rip out all of the quilting and start over.

Ugh.

I wanted to cry, but that won’t help. Time to get busy with the seam ripper.

Have a great weekend!

10 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ NOT

1. Cindy Kevorken says:

I had the exact same experience on an Elizabeth Hartmann quilt a few months ago. I literally had to rip out for days. Take heart, one day you will look back at it and say…oh, well!!!

2. jean fletcher says:

My sympathies for your loss of time. Will keep you in my prayers.

3. patti leal says:

katy, isn’t that just the pits! it takes 1 hour to do the stitching and a zillion to rip it our. my lovely dh has alway stepped up for me and did that so i could keep quilting. it’s worth a try. you have my condolences. patti in florida

4. Darlene osborn says:

Some Friday’s are just the pits! 🙁

5. anudge says:

So sorry! What do you think caused it?

I’m so sorry that happened! Your top is lovely. Have a good weekend. Hugs,

7. LoriD @Humble Quilts says:

Darn it! It looked fantastic from the front!! The fabric is so rich and beautiful!!

8. Well, that bites. Hope you have a good show to watch while ripping! Soon it will look beautiful once again, though!

9. Quilted Pants says:

Uggh! Time for a good audio book or a box set on the TV! Hope you can figure out and resolve the cause of the problem before quilting again. The top and the quilting look great BTW!

10. Quiltmouse says:

Top looks great! It’s frustrating when our machines misbehave. Some slow unstitching in your future.