Finish It Up Friday ~ Mirage

It has been rainy and dark all week here so I haven’t been able to get great photos of this finish.

I used one Mirage jellyroll and some white strips to make this 60 by 80 inch quilt.

This particular jelly roll had several strips of each print. That is why I used the white strips as I did, to prevent like prints from touching.

It was quick and easy, if a bit boring, to make.

I have more jelly rolls with multiple strips of the same fabric. It makes designing an interesting quilt more of a challenge. Time to think about the next one.

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict , Alycia Quilts

This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Finishes, Jelly Rolls, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Mirage

1. Yvonne says:

I really like how you grouped the like sets together as large blocks. It might be an “easy” quilt but it sure is a beautiful one! Someone is going to treasure it. The curvy lines of the quilting are perfect with the piecing.

2. Judy Blauer says:

I, too, like the like strips grouping. The fabric is great also! So cheery!

3. That is so super cute!! I can see using this design with some scrappy strips!!

4. What a fun jellyroll you started out with. It sure turned into a pretty quilt. I love how you grouped like blocks together!

5. Karen says:

Well done on such a pretty finish. Love the fabric placement.

6. That made a really nice quilt. Congrats on a fun finish!!

I must admit, Katy, it turned out to be more beautiful than I imagined. I really like it.

8. Diane says:

Clever solution! I like the way it allowed for like fabrics to be grouped. Moves the eye along! I tried to imagine what it would look like with grey or navy, and I can’t! I think white was the best choice.

I love it!! Really cute quilt. Hugs,

10. Alison V. says:

This is really beautiful! Sometimes a simple quilt is great!

11. Dotti Hossler says:

At first glance it looks totally scrappy, but looking closely, you see a pattern of four like blocks set in an orderly way. It is bright and someone is going to love. I am still contemplating a jelly roll quilt. You have inspired me. Dotti

12. Ramona says:

Great finish! It’s a very striking quilt, especially since you place the same sets together. The sashing really makes it shine.