Finish It Up Friday ~ Melon

This quilt was started 25 years ago. I got templates from Sharlene Jorgenson. Anyone remember her? After piecing nine blocks, I gave up. The intersections are awful but I had too much invested in it to throw it away!

So now it is quilted.

I have pulled it out and put it away countless times over the years.

Finally, I appliqued it to the gray background and quilted it. The backing wasn’t a great choice, but it was handy.

I can’t believe it’s finally done!

Even more amazing, I like it!

This entry was posted in Finishes, Free Motion Quilting, Long Arm Quilting, Longarm Quilting, Small Quilts, Solids, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Melon

1. Aby Dolinger says:

The intense quilting makes this quilt spectacular! It’s a keeper!

2. Anja @ Anja Quilts says:

Wow…amazing quilting. Glad you stuck with it and fnished.

3. Mary Redrick says:

It is gorgeous! I can’t see one tiny mistake in it — matched perfect in my eyes!! Thanks for sharing!

4. Sandy says:

Amazing finish, Katy! What a great opportunity to show off your excellent quilting skills!

5. Rpbin says:

This is amazing. Your quilting puts it over the top for me!

6. anudge says:

WOW!

7. The quilting is simply awesome. And the curve and the solid colors juts make this perfect!

8. patti leal says:

fantastic job. i love this quilt and your quilting. i’m happy you finished it. patti in florida

9. blackeyedsewsan says:

Amazing-it can happily ‘see the light!’ and you may be most proud of your work. I have so many class projects that remain buried. Quilting=supreme.

Wow! It’s fantastic! Your quilting is outstanding.

11. Loris Mills says:

Such beautiful quilting! I have templates and book for a Log Cabin by Shar that I’ve never opened. I bought it early on at a sale (about 1994) and now can’t imagine why I’d need templates for a log cabin but oh well…

It’s beautiful and your quilting is amazing!! I love it. Hugs,

13. A beautiful finish, Katy! I remember Sharlene, used to watch her show way back in the day, and my mom had a huge set of her templates, which was quite the trend then. It was a set called Pandora’s Box, and you could use the templates for various patterns. I think you came up with a perfect finish for this little quilt!

14. Your quilting really makes this quilt shine 🙂 I especially love the quilting in the gray areas! ❤ I'm so glad you finished it and you're happy with it 🙂

15. AMAZING! I hope you are as thrilled to see it as we are. Totally worth the second effort. No one is going to notice those intersections. There is so much beautiful to look at. Thank you for sharing.

16. Mare says:

I’m not sure if you planned the “chaos” of quilting but it’s bold and fabulous ….

17. Val W says:

That is a sweet quilt. Your quilting is amazing. I bought some of Shar’s templates at a book sale at my library, held onto them for a year, and donated them back to the library book sale! lol

18. Margie says:

Your beautiful quilting really “makes” this quilt !