The Dollhouse Chronicles

Nothing on the outside has changed, but I’ve made lots of progress on the inside. The interior has all been painted and all the floors are done.

I knew as soon as I got this that I wanted a 1930s kitchen and that meant green walls.

I bought white and black marble look vinyl self adhesive tiles. I cut them into 3/4 inch squares for the floor. I made the Hoosier cabinet out of a couple dollar store dollhouse dressers and turned a small wooden box into an older looking fridge.

I found the sink and butcher block at a garage sale. I still need a vintage looking stove, but I am quite pleased with how this room is coming together!

I used stick on vinyl plank tiles cut into half inch strips for the floors in several rooms. Some of the furniture came with the house and some came from at a garage sale. Here’s the living room.

The dining room. I kind of messed up the floor here, that square in the middle is very off center.

The master bedroom.

The upstairs center hall.

Another bedroom.

The necessary.

The attic.

The sewing room.

I got way more done than I expected to. It was so fun, I just couldn’t leave it alone!

This entry was posted in Doll House, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to The Dollhouse Chronicles

1. barbvedder says:

Looks great! I’ve done dollhouse work too and your interior is looking really super! You can use tiny straight pins to pin down the corners of the quilt for a ‘fake drape” on the corner. A trick I learned from a miniaturist friend. love your flooring!

2. PattiP says:

great! 2 years ago you could have gotten big stash of elegant furniture to assemble from kits I gave away

3. Karen Scott says:

OOOHHHH ! Makes me want to get a dollhouse ! I will just admire yours. Thanks for sharing. Cant wait to see it all !

4. That is amazing! Your attention to detail just makes it wonderful. Great job!!!

5. Donna Gross says:

Extreme makeover, doll house edition! Watch out Chip and Joanne 😅. So glad this little treasure is in such capable hands. It’s looking awesome.

6. Renea Yarolim says:

I love it. My mother has a large dollhouse that she always wanted to fix up. She would love to see your pictures of what you have done. Excited to see more as you work on the dollhouse. I actually like the off centered flooring that you did.

7. Jan Horn says:

I remember having a doll house–one my dad made out of orange crates. what fun we had playing with it. You sure do keep busy, even in this oppressive heat.

Oh, katy! I love everything about it. You sure lucked out finding the kitchen sink and butcher block table. Looks like the kitchen sink we had when I was a kid. You did an AMAZING job cutting the flooring for the various room and you incorporated your mini quilt in the master bedroom. Some of the furniture pieces are fantastic. What FUN!

9. rl2b2017 says:

Katy! So fun to go along on this ride. Can’t wait for the next chronicle. ~smile~ Roseanne

10. Pat in WNY says:

Sweet! I love that tiny quilting frame!

It’s looking wonderful! You’ve been busy. Hugs,

12. Shasta says:

Oh this is so pretty! I especially like the sewing room!

13. Sheila says:

Wow, it’s just beautiful! Maybe an area rug, for the off center square?

14. Oh my goodness, where did you find the tiny quilt frame and quilting things?? You have really had fun with this (and I like that off center square on the flooring; it adds a cool modern-ish vibe). I do think maybe you should consider re-covering those living room chairs though, don’t you? Haha – just kidding, I couldn’t resist! It all looks great, Katy! What fun!

15. Val W says:

So cute! You really have a talent for remodeling.

16. Kathy D. says:

It’s fun to see your joy in this dollhouse. That kitchen is one sweet room!

17. Diane Bryant says:

So cute! Like quilting, dollhouses can be addicting. Have fun!

18. blackeyedsewsan says:

You really are amazing Katy-do you get tired of hearing it? Probably not-
    You accomplish so much! Do you have air says the maven sweltering in Boston w/ a heat index of 110 today…Susan