Playing with the Quick Curve Ruler

I’ve had this ruler for at least five years. I finally decided it was time to play with it a bit.

Here are my cut pieces. Cutting was easy.

Sewing the curves takes a little practice.

Yikes!

They look better after pressing!

After pressing, you use the ruler again to square up the blocks. Then it’s time to play.

7 Responses to Playing with the Quick Curve Ruler

1. anudge says:

I need to use mine, too. Made a pillow and then put it away.

2. Anja @ Anja Quilts says:

They look great. Can’t wait to see what they turn into.

3. Terri L Gartman says:

Thanks for the inspiration to finally use this ruler–I too have had this just sitting here with a quilt kit to work on—maybe soon!

4. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy! Didn’t you find it amazing that you didn’t need to clip the curves for the fabric to lay flat? Very nice block! ~smile~ Roseanne

5. I’ve looked at that ruler and passed it by a few times now. This is not helping – LOL. What fun blocks! I could make a bigger version of my Mod Peels (or you could!). Good thing I have no time for shopping today. Haha! Can’t wait to see what you create, Katy!

6. sharkiecat says:

I’ve been thinking of getting one of these too. Sewkindofwonderful has a bunch of new patterns out that are intriguing. Sewing curves, that are smooth, takes a lot of practice, you seem to have it down pat. Lucky!

7. Quilted Pants says:

I have this ruler too. Only used it once to make a table runner. Your curves look very neat. There must be lots of different ways to use the ruler to create unusual looking blocks. I wonder what would happen if a block were cut in half across the centre – time to explore our inner modern quilter? 😀