Dream Big

I bought a couple of these panels last summer when they were on sale at Urban Elementz. I finally loaded one on the frame.

I soon learned that nearly outlining those petals is harder than it looks.

This is the first thing I’ve quilted in over a month and I felt rusty. I used two layers of batting for extra definition. I’m hoping I’ll like it better when it’s done. It is definitely better at a bit of a distance.

This entry was posted in Free Motion Quilting. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Dream Big

1. Patti P says:

I like Quiltpatti’s advice. I almost always have to wait until after it’s done awhile to judge it I got that same panel at that sale. I love what you’re doing.

2. it is beautiful!!!

3. lbosma says:

Wow! This looks spectacular!!! We are our own worst critics. You do beautiful work.

4. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy! Pretty, pretty, pretty. That whole piece looks so overwhelming to me. Maybe someday I can work myself up to one of those. What you’re doing looks fabulous to me. Nice and delicious texture and quilty softness. ~smile~ Roseanne

5. quiltipatti says:

this is a wonderful treatment. remember not to like or not like untii it is off the frame. you are too close otherwise. i, personally, love what you’re doing. carry on, patti in florida

6. Nann says:

I saw those monster flowers in the Keepsake catalog that came yesterday. Seeing your photos gives me a better idea of the scale! I like your intricate quilting design.

7. Terri Bertalan says:

I bought 2 of those also. Haven’t even figured out how to quilt them yet. Love what you’re doing to yours.